Working in the human services industry offers valued rewards and recognition as you continually find ways to better your community and those who live there. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with the public, who will rely on you for answers and solutions.
If you currently work within the human services industry, find out how you can advance your career through a bachelor’s or master’s degree program and become a leader who motivates other professionals to work together for the greater good.
Explore A Degree Level
To prepare you to become a responsive, dedicated human services professional.
Gain an appreciation for the unique values and characteristics of human service professionals, as you become equipped with the necessary skills and an essential belief in the possibility of personal and social change. This program includes the following applied concentration tracks:
- Criminal Justice
- Equine Industry
- Psychology – Health, Education, and Community Services
- Sociology – Health and Community Services
Upon graduation, you will receive a bachelor’s degree and possess the tools and experience needed to succeed in a variety of human service occupations.
NOTE: Licensure is a professional process that varies from state to state. Please consult the appropriate state agency to determine the specific requirements for licensure in your state.
At Post University, we are committed to making students’ education a personal experience. We keep our class sizes small to encourage in-depth discussions and collaborative problem solving. As soon as you enroll, you’ll be matched with an academic advisor who will be there to discuss your college-to-career path.
Contact us today to learn more about how our personal, hands-on approach to an education in human services can help you achieve your goals.
To enable you to advance your human services skills and career options.
Acquire conceptual, analytical, and operational human service knowledge, which includes a solid understanding of:
- Human behavior systems
- Major intervention and treatment models
- Problem analysis
- Organizational/managerial knowledge
This program includes four applied concentration tracks:
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Forensic Mental Health Counseling
- Non-Profit Management
Upon graduation, you will receive a master’s degree and be empowered to assume new or more advanced positions in the human services field.
Currently not enrolling students from California, Colorado, New York, Missouri, Mississippi, Kentucky, Idaho, and Pennsylvania.
* Post University does not guarantee its Master of Science in Counseling and Human Services degree meets the requirements for professional licensure in any state or territory. Each state has different requirements for licensure as a counselor or other mental health provider. Post University will assist students in researching the requirements and provide information from the appropriate licensing agency or board in their state or territory prior to beginning their programs. The faculty and staff of Post University working with students in the Master of Science in Counseling and Human Services program are available to support and advise students on program requirements, but it is ultimately the responsibility of individual students to be in charge of their own licensure process and to make sure that all requirements are met in obtaining licensure. Post University does not speak on behalf of any licensing board or body.
The Oklahoma State Board of Behavioral Health Licensure requires completion of 60 graduate credits in order to qualify for licensure and has final determination of the acceptability of specific courses. Students completing the 39 credit Master of Science in Counseling and Human Services degree and the 24 credit Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling will be considered to have completed the requisite number of credits required to apply for licensure.
Students who are interested in becoming licensed counselors in the State of Connecticut:
·Should be aware that they will need to complete additional coursework beyond Post University’s 39-credit Master of Science in Counseling and Human Services degree in order to be eligible for state licensure as a counselor in the state of Connecticut.
·Should be aware that the requirements for licensure change. As with any state, Post University recommends that students from the state of Connecticut contact the licensing board in order to accurately determine what requirements are currently needed for state licensure.
Since licensure varies in each state, learn more about licensing requirements in your state.
Online Classes Start
See What Our Graduates Are Saying
Post Makes It Personal®
A pioneer in online education, Post brings 130 years of campus success with flexible education for the online learner.
Accelerated courses that allow you to earn your Bachelor’s degree in just over 3 years or your Master’s degree in 14 to 24 months.
Online & On Campus Programs
With 30+ undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs, find the degree to fit your goals.
Student-focused support services including academic advising and tutoring, financial aid experts, career services, and more.
Career-focused degree programs with customizable concentrations to tailor your education to your goals.
Award-winning support programs for our military and their families.
Request More Info
Learn more about our Student-Focused Career-Driven®, fast and flexible degree opportunities today. Fill out the form on this page, and one of our admissions representatives will reach out to you!